Sunday, February 28, 2010

No Asian Presence on Food Network?

Why is that?  I understand that audiences demand delicious Latin American and Italian food, but as my boyfriend said, if people only knew about Thai curries, Thai food would join the ranks of ethnic comfort food in big cities and small towns alike.

People also want to understand how to prepare healthy food and vegetables.  I'm not talking about tuna sandwiches and canned or frozen ingredients tossed together, but real, whole foods that people like myself simply aren't quite comfortable with.  But it's as if Food Network is scared to take the risk.  I'm so grateful for the knowledge that Food Network has made available to us, but the network needs to branch out.  I'd go so far as to say Food Network has a responsibility to provide viewers with recipes for food that keeps us "lifestyle disease"-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment