Sunday, February 21, 2010

Panang Curry with Tofu

















This post will be cryptic as I am typing with one hand.  Tonight, I attempted panang curry.  This required a scavenger hunt at the farmers' market.  The dish turned out okay but not quite "there."

Just now, I had a revelation about what I'd done wrong, and went back to the kitchen to try again.  Chopping chillies for the panang curry paste, I chopped a chunk right off my middle finger.  It started bleeding like crazy.

My boyfriend ran upstairs and returned with the first aid kit and patched me up.  I then started putting things away, and dropped the salt dish which shattered all over the kitchen floor.  My boyfriend informed me that the kitchen was closed.

I started crying, and rubbed my eyes with my good hand, infusing my eyeball with red chili residue.  My boyfriend told me to please go to the sofa and sit down.  Pics to come.

PS: Panang Curry is best eaten here.
PPS: I found this website, which I wish I would have found before I attempted to "wing" panang curry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment