Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Maple Sunchokes, Lotus Root & Leeks

Sorry for the picture.  It's the best I could do considering the finished product didn't look so pretty in real life, either.  These tasted delicious, but so does anything tossed in olive oil, salt, and seasoning and baked on low in the oven for a while.  Think, roasted potatoes!  Yum.

To make these "maple," you just drizzle a little maple syrup over them the last 10 minutes of baking.

This recipe is an example of what I enjoy about The Kind Diet. Roasting veggies in the oven isn't a new concept.  But roasting sunchokes (jerusalem artichokes) and lotus root is new for me.  I'm discovering new vegetables I previously ignored. Jerusalem artichokes taste very similar to regular artichokes, which I LOVE.  So I'll be eating these more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment