Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Peanut Butter Sandwich

Every once in a while I crave peanut butter.  I was craving it for lunch today, and I had a loaf of homemade bread, so I decided to make a peanut butter sandwich.  There was one problem.  Chris likes to put peanut butter in his protein shakes, and when he used up all of the peanut butter, he replaced it with this:
Seems harmless enough, right?  I mean it's fancy peanut butter with flaxseed and no hydrogenated oils or added sugar or anything.  But look closer:
Blast!  I wanted peanut butter but not this peanut butter with eggs in it just so Chris can have his muscles.

A friend of a friend has one of those Blendtec blenders that blends everything under the sun to mush.  I have a normal Cuisinart food processor, but I figured I'd give it a try.  So I added some raw peanuts and a little olive oil and... I had crushed peanuts, not peanut butter.
Oh well.  I decided to make the sandwich anyway.  It wasn't as good as peanut butter would have been, but it definitely wasn't bad!

1 comment: