Monday, April 5, 2010

Cupcakes... It's Time

I have never made a cupcake in my life.  I know people love cupcakes, especially right now.  Cupcakes have been trendy for a while, so long that you'd think they'd be on their way out.  But people still adore cupcakes.

I have a confession to make.  The fact that it seems everyone is making cupcakes these days is one reason I haven't bothered to bake them myself.  When something gets so popular it's no longer fresh, I tend to avoid it.  But really, isn't that me just being snobby?  Maybe I should lighten up a little?  After all, of course people like cupcakes!  Cupcakes are cute, colorful, and yummy.

Plus, one of the best things about cooking or baking is feeding people things that they love, that make them happy. And people love miniature things, I've noticed. Bring a pie to the office and it'll be eaten. But bring mini tarts, and they're demolished before 9am.

And yesterday, I got THIS in my Easter basket.
I started looking through the recipes and getting really excited.  So many unique flavors and colors.  Like fun Margarita Cupcakes with real tequila and lime juice in them, a sea-salty tequila-lime glaze, and a rainbow sugar rim!  Or delicate Pistachio Rosewater Cupcakes.  Or, gooey Peanut Butter Cupcakes with chocolate ganache.

So... it's on!  Cupcakes to come, very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment