Friday, June 25, 2010

Dang

I wish I had a pic.  But I ate it too fast.  Why is it that when I don't try, when I don't consider anyone or anything but my own intuitive appetite, that the most organic (not in the pesticide-free sense, but in the "flowing" sense) creations just happen?

Tonight, I threw rice in the rice cooker and went for a run.  I came back starving.  I chopped and added the random veggies I had in the fridge: a crunchy beet I'd steamed the day before, some cucumber, jarred artichoke, fresh parsley, a tart ume plum, and canned chickpeas.  Squeezed with lemon, sprinkled with sesame seeds, and devoured.

The other day I cooked for 2 hours and it wasn't near as delicious!  Here's to no-brainers, and keeping it simple stupid.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you have a natural knack for cooking creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, but I could have also been really hungry after the run! :-) Plus, I've noticed that when I cook for two hours, I'm tired of the food by the time I'm done!

    ReplyDelete