Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 1 Lunch: Mexican Nori Burritos

I hope you'll forgive the pictures, but I really want to document this week thoroughly, and I won't always be able to get a decent shot.

Nori burritos are an example of a satisfying, yet low-calorie lunch.  You know that stuff sushi is wrapped up in?  That's nori, and it's full of iodine, vitamin K, and tons of other vitamins. In fact, sea vegetables contain the broadest range of minerals of anything found in the sea.  Not only is Nori much richer in nutrients than a tortilla, but it beats tortillas to smithereens in a lowest calorie competition.

I made some homemade salsa in the food processor with the tomatoes my mom brought me from her garden.  I mashed up some canned black beans with a little cumin and lime juice, and made burritos with the beans, salsa, homemade guacamole, onions, and arugula.  Just stuff I had in the fridge; there's no recipe to this.  The main thing is thinking about ways to save calories and get the most nutrient-bang for your calorie buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment