Friday, July 23, 2010

Excuse Me

But, if anyone is reading my blog - do any of you love staring at the colors of the vegetables you're chopping and cooking with?  I mean, when you're making a salad, or a sandwich, or soup, or what have you, do any of you consider how pretty the end result will be?

I get so much pleasure out of taking in the colors and the color combinations of the food I'm preparing.  It seems a little zen, but when I'm chopping celery and carrots and peppers on a big chopping block with the sun streaming in the window, I can't help but soak it all in, and those moments are the simplest pleasures that make up a happy life, if you stop to appreciate them - in my opinion.

But then, I'm a total romantic.  I don't expect everyone to get lost in an insignificant detail like celery green.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome :) Sometimes I notice it once I've mixed everything together for a salad or pasta dish... so pretty and colorful, but then I forget because I'm hungry and need to eat it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know EXACTLY what you mean and I feel the same way! It's very soothing and totally zen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I'm not the only one! :-)

    ReplyDelete