Thursday, August 19, 2010
Lettuce Wraps & Nutty Soba Noodles
Does that sound okay?
I've found that when I try to stage a perfect meal or picture, the result is kinda disappointing anyway. So here's what we ate for dinner tonight, in all its refreshing realistic-ness!
1. Cook noodles as directed.
2. While noodles boil, whisk together peanut butter, lime juice, mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, and cilantro.
3. Toss noodles in sauce and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and/or cashews.
1. Finely chop carrots, radishes, daikon, peppers, cabbage/greens, green onion, and cilantro.
2. Toss with soy sauce, sesame oil, and lime juice.
3. Stir in marinated and baked tofu cubes (you can marinate the cubes in lemon juice, miso, soy sauce, agave, liquid smoke, and nutritional yeast, or some similar combo - not important that you be exact - then bake the cubes for 15 minutes on 350). OR - use plain tofu cubes. They taste delicious on their own, in my opinion.
4. Spoon into cabbage or lettuce leaves and garnish with crunchy toasted nuts or seeds.
Here's what my chopping block looks like, more or less, almost every night.
I don't like it when there's white space due to Google's strange blog formatting. Should I switch to Wordpress?