Sunday, September 26, 2010

Case in Point

Regarding my previous two posts - behold dinner last night.  Looks tasty enough, a taco of some sort, right?  Well,  this taco epitomizes "cooker's block."

I whisked four different marinades for the tofu, and none of them tasted right, so finally I grabbed some of Chris's caribbean jerk marinade from the fridge and doused my tofu triangles in that.

Then, I proceeded to stir fry a little nappa cabbage in place of iceberg lettuce... but I prepared it as I normally would, asian-style (in sesame oil) with no regard to how it would complement the caribbean jerk tofu.

Also, I simmered a can of black beans with corn, onion, and green chilies... Mexican-style.

Oh, and don't forget the guacamole.

"Lots of interesting flavor combinations going on here," was Chris's good-humored comment.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you just need some more down nights from cooking. :) These make me laugh though, because they all still look tastier than what I whip up!

    ReplyDelete