Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's Comin' on Fall... and Cupcake Time!

Pretty photo from Michelle My Belle.

Randomly thinking of Joni Mitchell this morning.  It's been a while since I listened to her songs, but she might be tied with Counting Crows for favorite songwriter.  She's one of the most poetic lyricists ever to exist.  Her lyrics are poetry, and her melodies seem odd at first because they're designed around the words, in order to deliver them properly.  (Most songwriters prefer their words conform to the melody, which is the reason for often trite lyrics or awkwardly stretched syllabols).

Some of my favorites:

I remember that time you told me, you said
Love is touching souls
Surely you touched mine
Cause part of you pours out of me
In these lines from time to time

and...

Oh the jealousy, the greed is unraveling
And it undoes all the joy that could be
I want to have fun, I want to shine like the sun
I want to be the one you want to see
I want to knit you a sweater
Want to write you a love letter
I want to make you feel better
I want to make you feel free

and...

I met a redneck on a Grecian Isle
Who did the goat dance very well
He gave me back my smile
But he kept my camera to sell
Oh the rogue, the red red rogue
He cooked good omelets and stews
And I might have stayed on with him there
But my heart cried out for you

Anyway, so Fall... and cupcakes.
This pretty cupcake is from Cupcakes Take the Cake.

Why is it cupcake time?  Because I have long been thinking of the day when I don't have to send my boyfriend to work with all the cupcakes I baked, but can instead share them them with my very own co-workers.

It's kinda hard to do that when you A) are a freelancer and B) work in a bakery.

But - in a couple weeks, my Fall will be off to a great start with a new job as a content strategist for Artagrafik.  I am SO excited.

Hello Fall, hello Awesome Job, and hello Joni Mitchell.  I didn't realize how much I'd missed you!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job!!! Wow, what an awesome sounding title! What exactly will you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! As a content strategist, I'll be analyzing or creating site content, with the company brand and its users in mind, from an SEO and editorial perspective (that means considering language, links, keywords, site inventory). Also coming up with a strategy for expanding across the web through social media, blogs, etc., for companies... how to manage their web content/presence basically. what makes sense for each company.

    ReplyDelete