Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pizza and Salad Night

This took a matter of minutes to throw together, using homemade pizza dough I'd taken out of the freezer yesterday, some leftover marinara from a pasta dish the other night, and the veggies I happened to have in the fridge: mushrooms and peppers.

While the oven pre-heated, I stretched out the dough on my poor little broken pizza stone, and sauteed the veggies in Earth Balance with dried thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes.

Once the pizza was assembled and in the oven, I threw together a salad and whisked a dressing of white miso, salt, pepper, orange juice, brown rice vinegar, and hemp oil.
Light, easy, yummy dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! What kind of dough did you use? Anything specific? Might have to try this one this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! The recipe I used for homemade dough is here: http://www.rusticocooking.com/campania.htm#pizza. I haven't perfected pizza crust yet, but there are many factors that could be the reason I haven't made the "perfect" pizza crust. I love this site in general for rustic bread recipes. I'm making pizza tomorrow because my niece is coming to visit, and I think I'll try Giada's recipe, here: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/12648417. One piece of advice. I know that recipes say preheat a pizza stone, then slide the pizza onto the stone. But I find it easier to get a thin, crispy crust if I stretch the pizza dough onto the stone with my hands before topping it.

    ReplyDelete