Thursday, September 2, 2010

Spaghetti With Kale and Marinara

Ahh. It's my favorite time of day. :) My cook, eat, and write about it time.  Such simple pleasures are the key to happiness!

Nothing crazy for dinner tonight, just a simple marinara sauce, with a whole bunch of chopped kale simmered in towards the end - plus, about a half cup of nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor and some vitamin B-12!  Served over whole wheat spaghetti.

I didn't cook last night.  I was undergoing forced relaxation - by Chris. Sick people are supposed to rest, but 1) I have never considered a cold a reason to change plans and 2) It's so hard to sit still.

I wonder - what are other people's simple pleasures?  The tiny little things that don't require tons of money or elaborate planning.  Other simple pleasures of mine include:

1. seeing my dog Meeks wag his tail and perk his ears up when I talk to him
2. hurrying home because a storm is brewing outside - I love the gusts of wind and the sort of ominous dark, knowing I'll be safe inside soon!
3. sitting with my mom early in the morning having coffee and watching CNN - we're the two early birds in my family
4. My neice - don't get me started!! :-)

There are tons more, but that's enough for now.  What are your simple pleasures?

2 comments:

  1. mmm, kale!
    some of my simple pleasures are bubble baths, tea, incense, going for a run, listning to good music.
    feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm with you on all of those!... except the incense! But I do love scented candles. I'm so ready for fall, so I can break out the pumpkin pie and apple pie candles!

    ReplyDelete