Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween! Roast Pumpkin with Cheese Fondue from Gourmet Magazine.

Roast pumpkin stuffed with layers of toasted baguette, gruyere, and a creamy, salty, peppery broth.

I've been wanting to make this Roast Pumpkin with Cheese Fondue since I heard Gourmet's Ruth Reichl talk about it on NPR a year ago.  Halloween and Thanksgiving came and went without me having the opportunity to make it.  Then, I went vegan.  Well, I had to make it for dinner this Halloween to get it out of my system!

What did everyone do for Halloween? Any "best" memories? We had such gorgeous weather in Atlanta this Halloween weekend! We took a day trip up to the mountains to see the pretty leaves, and stopped by the Jaemor apple farm where we bought apples, pumpkins, cider, pumpkin butter, honey, boiled peanuts, apple fritters, and homemade peach ice cream. We carved a Jack-o-Lantern, watched a scary movie, and I spent today puttering around from boutique shop to shop in the pretty weather.  Then came home and made this pumpkin for dinner.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! I wonder if you could make it a dessert pumpkin, and fill it with chocolate fondue??? (in my case, unsweetened chocolate-with a little cinnamon would be good...mm...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pumpkin is almost too gorgeous to eat. almost! i love how it turned all shiny and deep orange colored.

    we took our 2-year-old trick-or-treating for the first time. he LOVED it, he was amazed that all these strangers were giving him CANDY!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww! Sara, that is so sweet and must have been adorable. What was his Halloween costume?

    Alex, I bet you could totally roast the pumpkin with a bread pudding inside it, too.

    ReplyDelete