Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Vegetable Crumble

I discovered this brilliant idea from the blog MattBikes... which I discovered through Gwyneth Paltrow's blog Goop.

Everyone has heard of a fruit crumble, but have you ever heard of a vegetable crumble?  Think, turn the crust savory by using whole wheat flour and adding salt and pepper and fresh herbs.

Use any vegetables you like for the filling.  I used butternut squash, onion, celery, garlic, thyme, and sage.
I love this concept.  It's incredibly simple, requiring just one dish and no standing over the stove (you just bake it).  It feels like something special, especially as the weather gets cooler and you want your supper to be cozy and flavorful, but not heavy or complicated.  It tastes just right.  I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. That is a brilliant idea!! Looks YUMMY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just cam across your blog! I love it! That is a brilliant idea of a veggie crisp! I actually just made a sugar-free fruit crisp the other day, and posted the recipe on my site. I love crisps!

    ReplyDelete