Monday, December 6, 2010

Comparing Brownie Recipes

Ina Garten's recipe for fudge brownies with peanut butter swirls is not the best... I've got to be honest; when it comes to desserts, I love to get ideas and inspiration from Ina, but her actual recipes are way too buttery and sugary for me.  The cloyingness takes away from the taste of the food.  I like my pie crust to taste buttery, for example, but not like butter.  And I like my brownies to be rich and deeply chocolaty, not syrupy sweet and oily.

A MUCH better brownie recipe is Alton Brown's recipe for cocoa brownies.  His brownies are decadent, velvety, and somehow densely delicate - insanity.

My old roommate Bianca also makes a fantastic, chewy brownie that I love.

I've decided that cocoa powder works better for brownies than chocolate.  However, I will be adding a peanut butter swirl from now on to whatever brownie recipe I use.
P.S. Let's not forget about healthy brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment