Thursday, December 9, 2010

Salad With Glazed Tofu and Cilantro-Lime Dressing

This is the salad I calmly stood in the kitchen and assembled the night we came home to find our Christmas tree lying on the floor in a pool of its own water surrounded by broken candy canes.

I dry-fried tofu (crispy without the fat) while Chris cursed and bemoaned the wet wood floors.

I whisked a glaze of soy sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, and maple syrup while Chris lay under the tree like a mechanic, trying to secure the bastard.

I pureed herbs and lime juice and olive oil while he mopped, vacuumed, and rehung the ornaments one by one.

I dumped one of those little plastic containers full of goodies from the grocery store olive bar onto the salad, and we sat down and ate.  You may wonder why I wasn't in the living room helping, and that is because, like Meeks must have known as the tree began its decent, I, too, knew to stand clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment