Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vegan Alfredo Pasta With Broccoli... and Ballerinas

I've been thinking.  I feel my blog has gotten a little stale, for me at least.  I continue to adore cooking and eating and anything food and nutrition-related.  But I'm not feeling as fulfilled in writing these posts.  I like posting the pictures, but I'm not talking about anything that truly matters to me... it seems I'm repeating myself now.

Yet, there is so much that does matter to me, that I'd love to talk about!  It just seems some things are more personal and difficult to share; yet I believe those things worth sharing.

I'm going to make a real effort to get out of this rut and offer something fresh and authentic, meaning, what I really feel and want to say.  And when I say offer, I don't know to whom I'm offering this information; maybe just to myself.

Anyway. I had one of those sweet dreams last night, after which I woke up resolved to take ballet lessons.  I’ve wished I were a ballerina my entire life, and while mine isn’t the least cliché of childish dreams, my longing will not go away.  Whenever I see a ballet or a modern dance show, my heart literally aches, as if I’m watching the love of my life marry someone else.  Why I didn’t take ballet lessons when I was younger?  Now I’ll never get to be a ballerina! :-/  Okay, maybe I am a very cliché case of ballerina regret, after all.

But that won’t stop me from taking lessons!  I can at least learn a proper pirouette, get in shape, and regain my high school flexibility, right?

And that brings me to vegan alfredo pasta with broccoli.  Vegan or not, we all crave something creamy and comforting occasionally, and moreso during the wintertime.  Vegans can have something just as rich, creamy, salty, and satisfying as traditional alfredo made with cream, butter, and cheese.  I actually think this vegan alfredo recipe has more flavor than regular alfredo.

3 comments:

  1. So when I read the post title, I thought maybe you called bowtie pasta "ballerinas" because of their cute tu-tu-like shape and sexy hourglass figure! And I thought, how cute!

    But even still, the dish looks amazing! I love vegan alfredo! And follow your dreams, lady! You may have passed the age to become a ballerina, but that doesn't mean you can't dance. Take some lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think about that. I bought the bowties because they seemed Christmassy :) Have you tried this recipe? It's Vegan Yum Yum's Hurry Up Alfredo. It's pretty much the exact same sauce as her mac and cheese. I love it!

    ReplyDelete