Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dinner Alone

Sometimes it is so nice to be alone for dinner.

I normally prefer company, but the occasional night or two alone is good for me.  There's a certain abandonment that goes along with it; you can really let your hair down the way you can't with others, and the way you never will again for 18+ years once you have a kid (so that is something to think about).  Consideration for anyone but yourself goes out the door, and you can do things like leave your shoes where someone might trip on them, were there a someone to trip, or eat a dinner of plain tofu, straight out of the package, with no concern for others' less refined tastes.

You can go to sleep in a big silence, and hear your quietest thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I've been alone for the past 16 days since the boyfriend went home to MI for the holidays. Been LOVING it! It's quiet when I want it quiet, I can cook, eat and wear whatever I want... and yes, leave things where I usually don't!

    ReplyDelete