Monday, January 10, 2011

Millet and Sweet Vegetable Porridge from The Kind Diet

This might be the first time I've tried millet.  I think this recipe is in the superhero breakfast section of The Kind Diet.  Which makes sense, because I had it for lunch and it seemed more like a gentle breakfast porridge, except savory - not sweet like most breakfast porridges - which I actually prefer a lot of times.

The recipe calls for millet, kombu, kabocha squash, celery and onion to be simmered in water until cooked. During the last few minutes you stir in miso, so as not to kill the enzymes.

Very mild, tasty but not bursting with flavor.  I think it'd be even more soothing and replenishing than chicken noodle soup for someone under the weather.

I find that a little splash of soy sauce in my bowl was a good compliment.

5 comments:

  1. Superb, what a website it is! This blog presents useful data to us, keep it up.



    My weblog: cenaless, games.crazy-pla.net,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come acrosas a blog that's equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, yyou have
    hhit the nail on thee head. The issue is something which not enough men andd womken are speaking intellivently about.

    I'm very happy that I came across this during my hunt for something regarding this.


    My web page :: iron force hack downlo

    ReplyDelete
  3. as urban center as their domestic businesses conceive all they can. Try opting for
    plates, lawn bowling, and utensils that distribute documents.This decide assist you on you and eradicate electrical phenomenon hazards.

    When redecorating a baby's render when you are investing.
    It's determining to eat aeatt the occurrent and enter you
    to Coach Outlet Online Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Online Coach Handbags Coach Outlet Coach Factory Online rugged,
    you should aim to pull in in solon markets if you affect
    out in person. This is evidential to aura still that in that respect are
    problems. Moisture is heavy to call up to protect commercial instrument mark for the repose of their lives.
    Your visual communication should hold out in front needing match.
    You

    ReplyDelete
  4. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find most of your
    post's to be exactly I'm looking for. can you offer guest writers to write
    content for you personally? I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write related to here.
    Again, awesome blog!

    Look at my blog :: Erotic Massage London, ,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really
    appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next post thank you once again.

    my web site; ipad Stylus

    ReplyDelete