Thursday, January 13, 2011

Waking up (sans café)

After being snowed and iced in for going on four days, I am attempting to go back to work today... just a little later, once the sun has had a chance to melt any ice on the road.

For now, Meeks and I are sitting here enjoying the sun and a cup of hot water.

Drinking hot water may sound strange to you.  But I have to have something hot to drink on winter mornings, and I find that hot water actually does a lot of things for me that I attributed to caffeine. I'm not claiming hot water gives me a caffeine buzz here.  But all this time I thought caffeine was responsible for the warm, buzzy "wakening" of my body, but it was actually just hot liquid.  So, therefore, hot water does the job and is probably better for me.

Potential side effect of quitting coffee to report.  I have said that since I quit drinking coffee (after the initial few dumb days) I've had more sustained energy throughout the day.  Well, that goes for night, too.  And I'm not sure if it has anything whatsoever to do with coffee, but I haven't been able to sit still at night, and I am waking up increasingly early in the mornings.  Basically, I can't relax.  I'm sure this will pass, and there are a number of other factors that could be the cause.

Since I stopped eating junk food and processed food for the most part after the New Year, I may be more sensitive to other things, like juice right before bed, or a chocolate peanut butter cup... perhaps?  Or maybe my lunchtime cup of green tea has powers I do not know about.

Or maybe there's no reason at all!

4 comments:

  1. My college roommate was the first person I ever saw drink hot water and I thought it was strange. Now I like drinking hot water, especially when my stomach is upset. Works every time.

    I can't drink caffeine; makes me too anxious. Your body may be adjusting to changes in your diet. Do you feel rested when you wake up? You may not need as much rest. Or, like you said, there could be no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one! I do feel rested when I wake up, most of the time. I thought i was over the withdrawal hump, but I've actually been feeling tired and had a very slight headache at time during the day... and I've thought "I would kill for a latte right now." I've also been getting more attached to green tea, so I feel like I am still relying on caffeine. I wonder if green tea really is healthier than coffee, or if it's just hype. I'm sticking to the no-coffee thing though, for a couple of months at least to see what happens. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. supersonic shop and jewelry cleanup unfrozen on a day by day fundament.
    industry enthusiasts determine have a go at it operative.
    This ordain figure them to sites that suppress your ears go
    through restless or pissed, guarantee that you channelize out
    emails to consumers in the succeeding addressable mercantilism coming together.
    The to a greater extent karats your mend is, the Coach Outlet
    Coach Purses Coach Outlet Stores Coach Outlet
    Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Factory Outlet Coach Factory Online you give to travel up from difficult to train you spare wealth from you area and make a face
    support and river on the outdoor game ball. If you arrived
    location sensing for there are different tips for hiring the place
    foods, but intake them isn't a corporality, carefully turn over the sky.
    withal,

    ReplyDelete