Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Good morning :-)

I woke up extra early this morning, and also decided to skip my run, so here we are slowly waking up with some green tea and a blanket.

I have been meaning to update anyone who might be interested on the status of my quitting coffee.  I'm sorry to report that it wasn't a complete success.  While I stay away from it on the weekends and have cut way back on the amount, I found I simply need coffee for work.

I really am disappointed to arrive to that conclusion.  I also have not given up on the idea of being coffee free. I still want that.

But I am in an office working on a computer trying to come up with creative ideas and write witty, persuasive sentences and paragraphs and pages for 8 to 9 hours, 5 days a week.  I don't think humans were necessarily built for that, and I could probably manage 6 hours of quality computer work at a time, without coffee, before needing to switch gears into some other form of productivity, like running or cooking or cleaning.

As it stands, coffee helps me concentrate longer than I can without it.  So for now, I'll continue to appreciate the little boost it gives me.  Life is short, and coffee makes my life easier right now.

I still consider being coffee-free on weekends a big accomplishment!  Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Don't give up coffee!! I need it too, but I've desire to ever part from my precious coffee. I'm also a writer/editor, and I sit at my computer 8 hours a day with a charge to be creative. Coffee is a must for this job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOOOO glad you agree! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll tell him you said so. Though he'll probably be embarrassed because he was mad I put that picture of him up with his fresh-out-of-bed hair!

    ReplyDelete