Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pierogi with The Candle Cafe's Tofu Alfredo and Spinach

I was super excited about this meal but it turned out just so-so because The Candle Cafe's tofu alfredo was a disappointment.  It's the first recipe I've tried from their cookbook, and I have a feeling it will be the only bad recipe in there, because I am way too excited about that cookbook!

It was just super garlicky, even after simmering an hour, and even on low I found that the tofu wanted to curdle.  So if you make it, take this into consideration and watch it carefully.  I think I'll try their concept again (after all, there's no butter or anything "bad" in there!) but cut back on the garlic (for me, this is saying alot because I love garlic), maybe use roasted instead of raw, and simmer on VERY low.

Here are the veggies (minus the spinach and fresh chopped cilantro, dill, and parsley) I added to the dish.
I'm super happy today.  I'm loving my job, loving my co-workers, loving my boyfriend, loving my family... Yesterday was my birthday. Last weekend and this week my family, my co-workers, and my boyfriend just went out of their way to make it so special.  I felt very lucky and didn't expect so much thoughtfulness.  I'm grateful for all of them. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday, Helen! I hope the bliss continues.

    ReplyDelete