Monday, April 11, 2011

Brown rice with peanut sauce and raw crunchy vegetables

I can't always get the the farmers market on a weekday, and Kroger or Sevenanda (our co-op) work most days.

But sometimes when I need inspiration during the week, I really, really appreciate the produce section at Whole Foods.  Everything looks so fresh and colorful and in its place!  I stocked up on bok choy, radishes, baby cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, leeks, fennel, peppers, and nectarines.

Unfortunately, the nectarines turned out to be duds. :-/  This did NOT make me happy.

But dinner tonight was nice and light and full of flavor. :-)  I used this recipe from Orangette, subbing brown rice for soba noodles.  I love that the only cooked part of this dish is the rice, yet it still feels like a hot, comforting meal.  I need to get into the habit of incorporating more raw vegetables into my dinners.

I think hot rice, crunchy vegetables, and nut butter sauces much be one of my very favorite food combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment