Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Field Roast sausage on sourdough with caramelized onions & peppers, and spicy mustard

This was one of my families' favorite sandwiches, sausage with mustard, peppers and onions, and cheddar cheese on bread.  I can't remember if I used Daiya cheese or not on my vegetarian version, but it was yummy.

If you haven't tried Field Roast vegetarian sausage, it's worth trying even if you eat meat.  Especially if you're the sort who likes the flavor of sausage, but is bothered by the little specks of fat and who knows what else in traditional sausage.  That part always grossed me out so I am thrilled to have a vegetarian sausage with a short ingredient list of recognizable, healthy foods!

Trust me, this faux meat is not like the others - it may be "fake" meat, but the ingredients are anything but fake.  Anyway, my sandwich was good!  So there!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! This looks and sounds SO delicious! I'm on the hunt for Field Roast sausages (particularly the Mexican Chipotle) in Canada, and this looks like a great idea to try when I finally track 'em down. :)

    ReplyDelete