Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Party Food

You can not know how much it pains me to put a photo I'm not happy with on my blog.  Yet, those have been the photos I've posted for the last few months!  I LOVE a photo of food in natural light; in contrast, a photo of food in artificial light pains me.

But, I DO want you to know about the hummus platter and blackberry macaroon tart I made for a bridal shower this past weekend.
As I said, the photos do not do them justice.  They - particularly the hummus tray - were beautiful!!  The hummus tray was so fun and full of unexpected colors.  It is definitely one of my favorite things I've ever made.  I love it so much I want to make it again, soon, and take lots of pretty pictures in natural light.

The tray contained: toasted pita, cucumbers, french radishes, stuffed grape leaves, baby orange and yellow carrots, peppadews, kalamata olives, and homemade hummus.

The blackberry macaroon tart got rave reviews (especially since I remembered to prebake the crust this time) and could NOT be easier to make.  You can find the recipe here or here, depending on if you'd like a larger or smaller tart, respectively. Note: These recipes don't mention it, but definitely replace 1/3 of the flour with almond meal if you can get it; I love the taste and texture it adds.

Well, there you go, two of my now go-to party contributions.  I'll be making this tart again and again, but with different fruit variations.  I think cherries would be great, and also mixed berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment