Monday, June 27, 2011

Quick Lunches: Miso Soup

Lately, I've been running home from work for lunch.  When I get there I usually have no idea what I'm going to eat.  And though we often have leftovers, we usually have nothing ready-made unless you count frozen veggie burgers.

I've been throwing together some pretty fast, yet satisfying meals lately.  This one may have taken 5 minutes of my time.

Miso Soup with Collards, Broccoli and Leeks, + Crunchy Nori Garnish


Get a little water boiling. Toss in fresh collards (i chiffonade them, really small), broccoli, and leeks.  Simmer until just tender.  Remove from heat and stir in a tablespoon or so of miso paste until dissolved.  Garnish with toasted seaweed crumbles (you can get these in the Asian section at Whole Foods; they're often toasted with sesame seeds, salt, and sugar - they add a nice crunch).

No comments:

Post a Comment