Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baja Shrimp Tacos from Goop + Mango Margaritas from Ellie Kreiger

Another simple and yummy dinner idea from Goop.com: baja shrimp tacos with a side of black beans.

You can find the recipe here.  I made homemade pico de gallo (which turned into chunky salsa because I was too lazy to chop and used the food processor), and guacamole.  Sauteed some shrimp (no grill inside).  Put it all in a corn tortilla with some Cholula hot sauce, as recommended.  Simple and delicious.

Instead of canned beans, I used homemade black beans I had in the freezer for a night like this.  I just reheated them as directed with a crushed garlic clove and cilantro stems.
I also saw Mexican night as a perfect opportunity for some frozen margaritas.  They're one of my favorite drinks, yet for some reason I've never made a perfect-tasting margarita at home.

I stumbled upon Ellie Kreiger's recipe for frozen mango margaritas, which was perfect since I had a bag of frozen mango chunks in the freezer.

They were really good, but nothing beats the original. :-)

Very nice dinner, but it will be a long time before anything can top last night's dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment