Thursday, October 13, 2011

What I Really Ate: 10-Minute Tofu & Kale Stirfry

I work close to home, so I get to go home and eat lunch most days. I save money and eat healthier this way.

Running home, though, requires knowing how to throw lunch together real quick.  And since I usually send leftovers to work with Chris, I often have to get creative.

Today, I quickly diced some kale and cubed some tofu.  I threw it in a pan on high heat with a little toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, brown rice vinegar, and sriracha.  Sprinkled with sesame seeds, and I had a healthy, umomi-licious lunch in literally 10 minutes tops.
I capped off any remaining hunger with a banana…
and some walnuts and dried apricots (unsulfured – that means they’ll be darker, but closer to their natural flavor because they have no preservatives added).

No comments:

Post a Comment